Monday, September 22, 2014

21 Day Sugar Detox - day 1!


  So, between watching Fed Up , and finding this little gem on my timehop (from last year!)
 I have decided it's finally time. So I decided to KINDA do the 21 day sugar detox diet. I say KINDA because I just downloaded the images from the internet because the book itself is too damned expensive. I went on a huge shopping trip yesterday, and as of today am off anything with any kind of sugar in it at all. Everyone in my life knows (read: is prewarned I'm about to get grumpy!) and I hope will hold me extra accountable. I'm not supposed to really count fat or calories during this week, but chances are I probably will anyway. 

 This isn't about me being "fat". I. KNOW. I. AM. NOT. FAT. This is about me being HEALTHY. Between free junk at work and bought junk at home, I'm consuming WAY too much sugar. It's a constant craving - after I eat any regular meal, I need something sweet now. I'm getting latte's 2-3 times a week. Mindless chocolate munching every day at my desk. It's gross. 

I'm not really going to be too worried about my calories and fat for these 3 weeks, but from what I've seen online, people have seen weight-loss type results from this detox. Remember - this is not an "I'm fat" thing. Sure, I wish my pooch belly didn't exist, but that's my main 'weight' related concern. Since there's a chance I may see physical changes, here are my Day 0 Stats from yesterday:



Day 0 measurements:

Weight - 103 lbs (remember I'm only 5'1. lol)
Body Fat % - 19.9%
Waist - 25 inches
Belly - 29 inches (my trouble area!)
Hips - 34.5
Thigh - 19 inches (just cause)

I'll take measurements again every Sunday night from here out to see if it's making any difference. 

So far I have a headache, but it's so early I don't think it's a sugar thing, probably just my allergies. (Fun!)

Wish me luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment